Saturday, November 1, 2008

Lookout candy...here I come


Trick or Treating with Abbie is far different from when I was a 5 year old. This yearly tradition of being overly saturated by free candy use to be a neighborhood event, but now children are bussed into neighborhoods in order to get their bags filled to the rim. When I was 5 my mom and dad didn't have drive me to familiar friends and families' house in order to be safe. We knew everyone in our neighborhood, even the one house that was known to be the one where the "witch" lived. Nevertheless, our Colt's Cheerleader made her rounds and informed us she was big enough to go to the door by herself. The one nice change since I was a kid is the involvement of the local churches. We took Abbie to North Highland Assembly of God where we participated in "Trunk or Treat", cotton candy, inflatables, and a Christian environment. Thank you North Highland.

No comments: